Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chapter 8



     It hadn't snowed in Maycomb for a very long time. For some odd reason, we received a harsh snowstorm. Atticus let us stay home a day from school because of it! Jem and I took most of the snow from our yard to build a snowman. We made it look like our neighbor Mr. Avery. It was cold in our house, but I enjoyed being snug in bed!

     My father woke me up from my deep sleep that snowy night. At first he didn't tell me why, but I had to hurry up and get out of our house. When Jem and I were at our sidewalk, the neighborhood was outside as well. Miss Maudie's house was burning down! I saw some of my neighbors running in and out of the burning house, taking furniture and important things out. I was so tired and I felt really bad for Miss Maudie.



No comments:

Post a Comment